Samples of Wedding Ceremonies
Below you will find a collection of wedding ceremony samples, which will help you get an idea of how your ceremony could go.
I usually break down the ceremony in sections to make it easier to understand.
Most Ceremonies, whether Standard or Customized, will consist of:
- Introduction: The Opening Words & Introduction of a Wedding Ceremony sets the tone for the wedding. It’s a statement about the occasion, its importance, the significance to the world as well as the couple getting married.
- Silent Blessing: allows a moment to remember those who have passed away. (optional)
- Body of the Ceremony: This is the perfect place to talk about the couple, share anecdotes, remember how they met, and basically talk about their love story and what made them want to be married.
- Prayers, Readings or Hand blessing Ceremony: This section is optional and it can be religious or non-religious. Some couples invite a family member or friend to say a prayer or blessing.
- Vows: also known as the “I Do’s” is when the bride and groom legally agree to be married. They can either recite their own vows or I can “Ask The Question”.
- Exchange of Rings: The Exchange of Wedding Rings represent the vows and promises the bride and groom have exchanged.
- Pronouncement: The pronouncement of marriage officially pronounces the couple as husband and wife, or legally married. Afterwards the couple kisses!
8 Types of Ceremonies
Jewish Wedding Ceremonynyafleron
The Seven Circles When they arrive at the chuppah, the bride and family circle the groom seven times. One of
Christian Wedding Ceremonynyafleron
Invocation Open our hearts and fill us with Your Presence. We give you thanks for ________ and _______, for their
Wine Box Ceremonynyafleron
A love letter exchange is a romantic ceremony that will serve as a lasting reminder of the commitments made to
Hand Blessing Ceremonynyafleron
You and your beloved face each other. First join your right palms, and then your left palms. This forms an
Bilingual Wedding Ceremonynyafleron
Invocation Welcome! Family, and friends who might as well be family. We are so happy you were able to make
Spanish Wedding Ceremonynyafleron
Introduccion: ESTAMOS REUNIDOS HOY AQUI PARA CELEBRAR UNO DE LOS MOMENTOS MAS GRANDES DE LA VIDA, PARA DAR RECONOCIMIENTO A
Spiritual Wedding Ceremonynyafleron
Welcome! Family, and friends who might as well be family... We are so happy you were able to make it
Civil Wedding Ceremonynyafleron
Invocation Dear friends and family! On behalf of this beautiful couple, I welcome you and thank you for coming. _____&